Can't get going

Help installing 3rd party addons.

Can't get going

Postby hostler » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:50 pm

Hi...I would like to get going in NERW in the worst way. I am far from being computer smart, so would like all the information I can get. I have read and tried everything I could find in the forums, and else where but no luck. I am running win7 home premium, and have been upgraded to ts2014 in Steam. I have been trying to load NERW version 2 PA division. I get the assets file loaded, and that's as far as I can get. Could someone please explain the package manager to me and tell me how to install the rest of the program? The pictures I have seen in the forum are not anything like ts2014.

If someone would like to email me and help that would be great. Thanks for all the help I am sure to get.
David
hostler

Re: Can't get going

Postby RichWade » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:44 pm

Have you downloaded all of the files? There are seven total files.

Look here. http://www.vnerrforums.com/nerw/index.p ... sion-route
"And the hangovers hurt more than they used to,
And corn bread and ice tea took the place of pills and ninety-proof,"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbDlAl6ZBh4

Lookin' for Notch 9.......
RichWade
vLEU

Postby hostler » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:01 pm

Hi Rich thanks for answering. I have all downloaded except UK buildings, and I can't find it. Do these downloads go to certain files? of do they take care of themselves?
hostler

Postby Bob Artim » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:59 am

carrageman wrote:Hi Rich thanks for answering. I have all downloaded except UK buildings, and I can't find it. Do these downloads go to certain files? of do they take care of themselves?

No, they used to be free now you have to buy them from Steam. That is the UK assets package. You have to buy the US asset package also, unless you own a route that has them in it. All of the All A Board routes and cajon pass have the assets. Not sure which UK route included those assets at the moment, but one does.
Expect me when you see me
Bob Artim

Who doesn't have dog, hunts with cat!

Just as sure as gravity, you can't escape this law.
There is only one way to stand, too many ways to fall.
Bob Artim
Site Admin

Postby hostler » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:16 pm

Hi Bob
I just got PA division route going. This is the first thing I have done, and I have the US and UK assets. I haven't downloaded them or bought them, so they must come with the route. Thank you again for helping me get going, You and Rich are true treasures.
hostler

Postby Jchillin » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:29 pm

I know I'm late to the party but I would also suggest digging into the download section here. An utterly amazing amount of NERW themed rolling stock can be found within.

Welcome aboard and enjoy!
Bill

Choo Choo Charley was an Engineer...
Jchillin

Return to Installing addons