BritKit and MC&SA SW-1200 install problems

Help installing 3rd party addons.

BritKit and MC&SA SW-1200 install problems

Postby harryadkins » Sun May 02, 2010 8:37 pm

Gentlemen, I am brand new to RailWorks. I have installed the Moscow, Camden, & St. Augustine route and it looks great. However, I cannot access the MC&SA SW1200 that came with the route. I have installed Dick Cowen's SW1200 according to the instructions. When I try to load one of the scenarios, I get three error messages:

Consist Builder - Can't load rail vehicle - SW1200 MCSA
Consist Builder - Can't load rail vehicle - SW1200 MCSA no crew
Consist Builder - Can't load rail vehicle - SW1200 MCSA

Other assets (locomotives) that came with RW will run on this route. Help???
harryadkins

Re: BritKit and MC&SA SW-1200 install problems

Postby Bob Artim » Mon May 03, 2010 6:34 am

Well I ran it last night no problems. So lets see if we cant pin point where your problem lies.

First up, do you run any other sw1200s? On any other route?
Expect me when you see me
Bob Artim

Who doesn't have dog, hunts with cat!

Just as sure as gravity, you can't escape this law.
There is only one way to stand, too many ways to fall.
Bob Artim
Site Admin

Postby harryadkins » Mon May 03, 2010 11:30 am

Hi Bob, thanks for your help. I do not have any other SW1200's installed and the SW1200 from the BritKit will not load into a scenario either. The Britkit and MCSA locomotives show in the left hand flyout menu but will not (for lack of a better term) attach to a track like the other locos do. This is my first attempt at installing any addons.
harryadkins

Postby Bob Artim » Mon May 03, 2010 8:32 pm

Ok that say it all, your britkit is not installed correctly or all the way. I just looked through the pdf in it and it does not tell you how to install it, only how to repaint with it.

When you unzip the britkit file to a temporary folder you will see the rpk file and a folder called Britkits and a readme and the pdf and a jpg.

There are 2 parts to the install. You have to use the Package Manager from Railworks and install SW1200-Basic.rpk.

Then you have to copy the britkits entire folder structure to your Railworks/Assets folder.

Install RPK and copy Britkits folder.

Did you do these both?
Bob Artim

Bob Artim
Site Admin

Postby harryadkins » Tue May 04, 2010 12:15 pm

Hi Bob, I did read the PDF install instructions and followed them to the letter. Last night I did install some other locomotives from Train-Sim.com and UKTrainSim. The Train-Sim locos installed just fine and will operate in the sim. However, the GP7 from UKTrainSim does not even show up in the drop-down locomotive menu. I have scanned several RW forums and tried various actions with no success. BTW, I am a "seasoned" MSTS veteran and familiar with all sorts of installation trouble shooting. Even though RailWorks is new to me, I remember the beginning days of MSTS and all its frustrations. If we managed to make it work, I believe we can make RailWorks work too. Thanks again for your help.
harryadkins

Postby Bob Artim » Tue May 04, 2010 3:03 pm

Well I couldnt find any install instructions. That PDF, at least in my britkits05rs, only talks about moving files around so you can paint a new engine. Too me it looks like spaghetti., Or something from Alice's Restaurant with lines arrow and descriptions scribbled all over it. When I saw a folder in there, I just assumed it had to go to the Assets folder. And the RPK files gets installed with the Package Manager.

Have you downloaded anything I packaged up here? Engines or rolling stock?

When you say other things you downloaded dont show up. Do you know about the Browser filter where you have to check off the new content's creator? In the fly out you are trying to select the engine from, there is a little blue box with an orange triangle in it. That is the browser filter. When you click it, you get a fly out on the right with a scrolly list of every asset you installed. Plus the ones all ready there. If you look at them and there is not a green check mark in its box, you will not see those assets until you do. If I am not mistaken you have to do that for each route you want to use those assets on. So if you do it for Castle Rock, they will not show up in Barstow until you do.

If you are having no problems installing my packages. I can package up the britkit my way so it will install for you what I have here. Only takes a few clicks and a few seconds. You need the sw1200 to work as we are going to be using some of them that I paint.

I never give up... :ugeek:
Bob Artim

Bob Artim
Site Admin

Postby harryadkins » Tue May 04, 2010 8:42 pm

Hi Bob. I have installed several other packages with no problems, including several of yours. Just for fun, I uninstalled the SW1200's and received a message that several assets were missing (listed below).

Assets\Britkits\EMD\Audio\RailNetwork\Coupling\example_coupling.dav.tgt
Assets\Britkits\EMD\Audio\RailVehicles\Diesel\GP9\Cab\P5_end.dav.tgt
Assets\Britkits\EMD\Audio\RailVehicles\Diesel\GP9\Cab\P5_loop.dav.tgt
Assets\Britkits\EMD\Audio\RailVehicles\Diesel\xxx\xxx.proxybin.tgt
Assets\Britkits\EMD\Audio\RailVehicles\Diesel\xxx\xxx.proxyxml.tgt

I went back and redownloaded the BritKits05rs and reinstalled it after deleting the package in RW. I did check the filter you mentioned (several times). The SW1200 shows up in my flyout box, but no image appears to attach to the track. If you would like to try sending me another copy, my email address is harryadkins@gmail.com. Thanks again for your help and understanding.
harryadkins

Postby harryadkins » Tue May 04, 2010 9:08 pm

Okay, I have another update. I uninstalled the SW1200 and went back to an older version of the BritKit05 from Rail Simulator days. It installed and will attach to the track in a scenario. Unfortunately, the driver controls don't work. I can't make the thing move, release the brakes, or switch from forward to reverse. But, it looks and sounds great. I can blow the horn (go figure). I have the same problem with a GP7 installed from UKTrainSim. Any thoughts? Could it have anything to do with the fact that I have the US version of RW (if there is such an animal)? I remember seeing some early posts regarding the differences in European keyboards.
harryadkins

Postby Bob Artim » Wed May 05, 2010 4:31 pm

My version of RW is called the US version. I got it from the Pilotshop at flightsim.com

I will package the sw1200 up for you from my system and give you a link to dl from then we can see how that goes.

These Britkits are nice, but the documentation is not for the people who are just starting out. It is for people who allready know what they are doing.
Bob Artim

Bob Artim
Site Admin

Postby harryadkins » Thu May 06, 2010 8:59 am

I purchased RW through Steam as an upgrade to Rail Simulator. However, both our versions are updated by Steam and should be identical. However, I don't have the Challenger that came with your package. Thanks again for your help.
harryadkins

Next

Return to Installing addons